Flextrak F4-V6.1 Now Available!
Flextrak is a PiZero form factor STM F4 based High Altitude Balloon Tracker.
This board has a GPS receiver and radio transmitter designed for tracking high altitude balloon flights utilising a Raspberry Pi Zero W. An optional APRS board is available see related items.
You will get :
- Flextrak F4-V6.2 Board
- Battery holder + clip
- 4 x 11mm Standoffs with screws to attach to the Pi+
- Standard non stacking low profile header
- RG174 Tail for making into a suitable antenna see this article.
- Pi Zero W Board with Camera Cable (Camera not supplied - please order separately)
- 32Gb SD Card preloaded with FlexTrak code.
- External DS18B20 Temperature Sensor
- GPS Stubby Antenna SMA-Male Straight
The board is supplied with a 434,868 or 915 MHz LoRa radio transmitter To track the location of flight you also need a suitable radio receiver, aerial and PC on the ground. It can be tracked with a mobile phone connected to our LoRaGo device.
- Efficient built-in power regulator providing run time of over 20 hours from 4 Energizer Lithium Ultimate AA cells (With no Pi - 11 hours with a Pi attached)
- Highly sensitive UBlox GPS receiver suitable for altitudes up to 50km
- Temperature sensor (Internal/External)
- Battery voltage monitoring
- Allows use of Raspberry Pi camera
- Mounting holes and spacers for a solid connection to the Pi
- Tracker will continue to work even if the Raspberry Pi fails.
- Flextrak can be used without attaching a Raspberry Pi at all.
- Solid SMA connector for GPS antenna - no more snapped off antennas!
The open-source software provides these features:
- Radio telemetry with GPS and sensor data using UKHAS standard
- Radio image download using SSDV standard
- Variable image size according to altitude
- Stores full-definition images as well as smaller transmitted images
- Automatically chooses better images for download
- Supplied as github repository with instruction
- Optional APRS transmission with additional hardware.
- On board landing prediction
Flextrak Board - 14g
Header + Standoffs - 14g
Battery Holder+Clip - 13g
PiZeroW + Cable - 14g
GPS Antenna - 19g
Not supplied for information only:
Energizer L91 Lithium (AA) - 14.5g x 4
Instruction Manual: Flextrak STM Manual
Flextrak settings can be programmed via Flextrak Config available here. To program the board connect a USB to serial connector to GND/ RX and TX only (Don't connect VCC). Can also be programmed directly from the attached Raspberry Pi.
Flextrak Raspberry Pi Kit
- Brand: Uputronics
- Product Code: HAB-FLEXTRAK
- Availability: 98
- Ex Tax: £200.00