This board is a GPS receiver and radio
transmitter shield designed for tracking high altitude balloon flights
utilizing an Arduino Uno/Duemilanove.
The Habduino Kit Comprises of :
- Habduino Sheild.
- GPS Antenna with 0.5m cable.
- Battery holder + clip
You will need to select either the MTX2 for 434Mhz
transmission (supplied with an RG174 tail to make an antenna) or the suitable APRS module for your region (or both
Habduino can do simultanious transmission on both radios). Selected radio modules will be assembled and tested.
- Compatible with Duemilanovo and Uno boards (Other boards not supported)
On board step up to permit operation from 2 x AA batteries (Run time around 24 hours)
- Ublox MAX M8Q GPS suitable for high altitude use.
- Optional 70cms frequency agile TCXO equipped transmitter for RTTY (Optional)
- Optional 300mW 2 meter transmitter for APRS (Optional)
- Interupt driven simultaneous APRS and RTTY transmission.
- On board temperature sensor.
The open-source software provides these features:
- Radio telemetry with GPS and sensor data using UKHAS format.
- Supplied as github repository with instructions.
- Open hardware design.
- Optional APRS transmission alongside RTTY (See related items)
For latest news, code and documentation please visit :
Also Follow @habduinoProject on Twitter for more information.
The latest code is availble here: https://github.com/HABduino/HABduino (You need the V4 code).
Please note you may need to download the libraries.zip and extract them to arduino/libraries for the compile to work.
It is strongly recommend you review Dave Akermans article on ballooning here http://www.daveakerman.com/?p=1732
Kit weights :
Habduino Sheild : 19g
MTX2 Where Fitted : 5g
HX1 Where Fitted : 8g
Battery Pack : 9g
GPS Antenna : 48g
Energizer Ultimate Lithium x 2 (Not supplied) 29g
Antenna : Customer to weigh.
Arduino : Customer to weigh.
- Brand: Uputronics
- Product Code: HAB-HABDUINO-
- Availability: 91
- Ex Tax: £79.99
Tags: Habduino Kit